ConcertAI (CAI) is the leading provider of precision oncology solutions for biopharma and healthcare, leveraging the largest collection of research-grade Real-world Data and the only broadly deployed oncology-specific AI solutions. Our mission is to improve translational sciences; accelerate therapeutic clinical development; and provide new capabilities for post-approval studies to accelerate needed new medical innovations to patients and to improve patient outcomes.
CAI has emerged as one of the highest growth technology companies in Real-world Data and AI, backed by industry leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and AllianceBernstein.
ConcertAI is looking for a talented Data Scientist/Sr. Data Scientist to build advanced analytics solutions as part of our client-facing data science team engaging in projects and programs of high priority. You will be responsible for data exploration, analysis, development of machine learning methods for predictive/descriptive modeling of patient data in the oncology domain using ConcertAI’s Real World Data from electronic health records. You should have a background in life science, genomics and/or medicine with experience in data analytics, programming (Python) and some statistics/machine learning. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of subject matter experts, data scientists, and data and software engineers to assist our clients to derive valuable insights, advance oncology research and improve patient outcomes.
- Work with client and internal teams to advance approaches that best utilize ConcertAI’s real world data (RWD) and technologies and provide solutions to ConcertAI’s clients.
- Understand client goals, providing scientific and methodological direction and translate clinical questions into practical data science solutions.
- Develop deep understanding for oncology patient journeys and analyze, visualize, interpret, and contextualize results for and with clients.
- Convert complex longitudinal data into data frames ready for bespoke analysis and/or machine learning, iterating repeatedly with clinical and client stakeholders.
- Design and implement data science solutions to find clinical and genomic biomarkers of response to oncology drugs such as immune checkpoint inhibitors, TKIs, ADTs etc. in diseases like lung, prostate and breast cancers.
- Present your results in a simple and interpretable manner to the clients with diverse backgrounds.
- Contribute to our technology platform in collaboration with engineers.
- Proactively communicate with internal experts from data curation, data products team and clinical experts to answer questions about our data .
- MS/PhD in a STEM field or equivalent experience, with training in biomedicine, stats, bioinformatics, computational biology, data science, physics or math
- Strong communication skills to present complex insights to clients on frequent basis
- Enthusiasm for working with complex datasets and in an interdisciplinary, client-facing role
- 2+ years hands-on experience in analyzing messy real world data including genomics data
- Subject matter expertise (oncology or RWD) or the drive to quickly learn these areas and the passion to deeply understand the data
- Strong programming skills in Python and knowledge of SQL
- Good understanding of statistical concepts and probability theory
- Experience with basic modeling (regression, classification, survival analysis etc.) and familiarity with advanced machine learning approaches (random forest, XGBoost etc.).
- Comfortable in working in a fast-paced and changing high growth environment
- 3+ years experience in client-facing role and comfortable to run and own a client workstream
- 3+ years’ experience in applying advanced machine learning (random forest, XGBoost etc.) and/ or deep learning and/or causal inference on healthcare related problems
Learn More About ConcertAI
ConcertAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence is used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture, by building a collaborative, engaged and patient focused approach to our mission. Our high-performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset.
Learn more about ConcertAI at www.concertai.com, or follow us on LinkedIn.