Summary of the Role
Our engineering team is looking for a technical, service-oriented, talented Sr Software Engineer. To help continue our rapid growth and solve our clients’ toughest problems, we need a strong python microservices engineer with experience in developing analytics software by processing large datasets to join the talented engineering R&D team. Our engineering team works in a fast-paced, rapid-learning environment with leaders in software development, working with massive data sets and healthcare data analytics.
If you love to solve problems and add value, please consider what your typical days might look like:
- Drive the architecture of our application platform, considering the team and our future product roadmap.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter and ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, and integrated.
- Design and develop production-ready APIs and algorithms at scale
- Design, develop, process and analyze data collections and processing from diverse sources, large scale structured and unstructured data
- Build new features for internal and external users, and refactor existing ones to make them better.
- Drive optimization, testing, and tools to improve the quality of solutions
- 5+ years of experience using one or more of the following languages: Python (Preferred), SQL, R or Java.
- 5+ years of experience with database and SQL (AWS Redshift (Preferred), Postgres, SQL Server).
- Demonstrated expertise working with and maintaining open-source data analysis platforms, including but not limited to: Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib, TensorFlow, Jupyter and other Python data tools Spark (PySpark), HDFS, Kafka and other high-volume data tools
- Search Analytics through Elastic Search.
- Expert knowledge of distributed computing, optimization techniques, and multiprocessing design principals using Python.
- Experience with NoSQL and streaming platforms, e.g. Kafka, MongoDB, Neo4j is a plus.
- Experience with advanced analytics and modern machine learning techniques is a plus.
- Experience with cloud-native services such as AWS EMR, Sagemaker is a plus.
- Proficiency with APIs, containerization, and orchestration is a plus
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail along with strong communication skills
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline or engineering.
- Experience in the healthcare industry with healthcare data analytics products.