ConcertAI is the leading provider of precision oncology solutions for biopharma and healthcare, leveraging the largest collection of research-grade Real-world Data and the only broadly deployed oncology-specific AI solutions. Our mission is to improve translational sciences; accelerate therapeutic clinical development; and provide new capabilities for post-approval studies to accelerate needed new medical innovations to patients and to improve patient outcomes.
ConcertAI has emerged as one of the highest growth technology companies in Real-world Data and AI, backed by industry leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and Alliance|Bernstein.
Summary of the Role
We are seeking a Sr. Data Engineer who will help develop our next generation products around data aggregation that will leverage AWS technologies for life science companies to provide insights to drive pharma brand success and improve patient outcomes. This person will serve as developer for this solution, working closely with our Data Integration team, Quality Control team, and our offshore development team to advance the data aggregation solution. The position is a remote role.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Understands company needs to define optimal system specifications
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Documents detailed design specifications based on requirements specifications
- Documents runbooks per the coded solutions
- Plans/ designs the technology solution, built to scale and compliant to security standards.
- Has the ability to utilize a combination of the following technologies to scale and meet security standards:
- Lambda functions
- Pyspark jobs
- Spark jobs
- SQL Queries
- AWS S3
- Aurora Postgres Database
- Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
- Work closely with technical architects and project teams for product build/ release.
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Addresses defects found in code during testing phase.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Data Integration, Data Analytics and SPARQ teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with software development in a product development environment.
- Experience in developing data platforms/ Big data and cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon Web Services AWS software)
- Proficient in DWH/ ETL solutioning and sound knowledge of data models/ structures.
- Strong SQL, Spark, and Pyspark programming skills for data analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Problem-solving aptitude, with a willingness to work in a fast-paced product development environment and hands-on mentality to do whatever it takes to deliver a successful product.
- Knowledge in developing healthcare analytics solutions is a plus
- Understanding data standardization practices, integrating data, and security related to HIPAA is a plus.
- Must be familiar with the use of Github.
Learn More About ConcertAI
ConcertAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence is used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture, by building a collaborative, engaged, patient focused, team approach to our mission. Our high-performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset. Learn more about ConcertAI at www.concertai.com or on LinkedIn.