ConcertAI’s mission is to accelerate insights, advance research, and improve patient outcomes in oncology and across life sciences. ConcertAI’s leading real-world evidence, AI technology and software-as-a-service solutions support healthcare decision-making across clinical research & development through commercialization. Top biopharma sponsors, clinical research organizations, healthcare providers and institutions rely on ConcertAI’s evidence-generation and digital transformation capabilities to advance precision medicine and medical innovation.
ConcertAI is a fast-growing healthcare research organization, leading the market in oncology healthcare data analytics. Our dynamic, fun, and highly experienced team is looking for a Statistical Analyst to join us. As a Statistical Analyst in the Real World Evidence Sciences (RWES) business unit, you will be responsible for statistical analyses conducted using ConcertAI’s industry-leading and cutting-edge healthcare data resources. Our team operates in a cross-functional environment with representatives from other functions such as our Scientific Management, Data Curation, Data Products, and Data Science business units.
As a Statistical Analyst on our team, you will be reporting to an Associate Director in the RWES business unit and will provide high quality analyses and summaries for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) and external control arm (ECA) clinical studies. Your responsibilities will involve preparing, linking, and manipulating data as well as performing statistical analyses for research projects dedicated to improving our understanding of the patient journey and treatment outcomes in the oncology space, as well as making meaningful impacts on patients' lives. Statistical Analysts will also participate in data quality control and review results. The Statistical Analyst will contribute to, and support, corporate goals to progress the company’s portfolio of products.
- Collaborates with Project Managers, Principal Investigators, and other scientific staff to design appropriate study analyses based on project scope and client objectives.
- Reviews and revises study protocols for accuracy, consistency, thoroughness, and quality of scientific presentation.
- Participates in the creation of Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs) to define eligibility criteria, study measures, and statistical methodologies.
- Creates data structures by determining patient or disease cohorts, establishing study samples, and structuring data files according to research objectives and study design.
- Prepares analysis-ready data by loading, extracting, and transforming data in several databases, as well as searching in schemas, cleaning outbound files, and merging data tables.
- Executes quality control checks of data for anomalies, frequency, and distribution of data points for accuracy and consistency; determines root causes of errors, recommends solutions, and resolves data issues through queries and programming scripts.
- Performs statistical analysis in accordance with SAPs and generates analytic reports, tables, graphics, and slides.
- Contributes to methodology and results sections of study deliverables such as protocols, summary reports, abstracts, and manuscripts to ensure accuracy of the programming and statistical descriptions.
- Interfaces with Scientific Management and Data Curation team to clarify data requests, extract data sets, and review case report forms, as well as the Data Operations team to assemble and clean data sets.
- Joins client meetings and provides statistical insight into the findings on assigned projects.
- Manages task timelines and communicates status updates with project team members regarding project requirements, deadlines, and priorities.
- Follows company policy and procedures regarding quality control, data security, and the ethical conduct of research involving human subjects, as well as the provisions of the HIPAA security and privacy rules.
- Participates in other projects as assigned including statistical support roles and contributing to internal initiatives.
- Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree in quantitative science such as Statistics, Biostatistics, Analytics, Biometrics, Econometrics, Psychometrics, Operations Research, Engineering, or Data Science and 2 years of related experience in biostatistics, with healthcare data, or within the life sciences.
- Proficiency with SAS and its applications using healthcare data, such as claims or electronic medical records, or patient-reported outcomes.
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies and advanced mathematical concepts such as ANOVA, linear regression, mixed models, time-to-event analyses, correlation analysis, sampling theory, analysis of categorical data, and appropriate transformations and permutations.
- Experience integrating and processing data (e.g., extracting, transforming, loading, scrubbing).
- Ability to collaborate on multiple projects and deadlines, establish priorities for work activity, and solve practical problems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to clearly and convincingly present information to a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Aptitude for understanding and applying best practices from documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and correspondence.
- Familiarity with basic productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Web Conferencing Applications).
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, results-driven, and flexible to work in a scaling environment.
Particular consideration will be given to applicants with the following qualifications
- Proficiency with a second programming language such as SQL, R, or Python.
- Research history within the oncology space related to one or more specific solid tumor types, or to hematological malignancies.
- Working knowledge of external control arms or other use cases of real-world evidence to support regulatory decision-making.
- Understanding of FDA regulatory requirements, ICH guidelines, and GCP.
- Publication track record.
Learn More About ConcertAI
Our team at ConcertAI is dedicated to transforming healthcare decision-making through the application of RWE and AI to improve patient outcomes. We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-performing culture where diversity, collaboration, and innovation are valued. Join us on our quest to create a world free of disease. Learn more about ConcertAI at www.concertai.com , or follow us on LinkedIn.
ConcertAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.