Who We Are
We are a team of successful executives and technology experts building a group of leading companies that provide AI-enabled platforms and intelligence solutions for retail, CPG, healthcare, industrial and other verticals as well as enterprise functions such as contract intelligence and talent intelligence. We innovate and deliver complete solution suites, not just point solutions. Our platforms and solutions enable the enterprise to drive revenue growth and operational excellence that goes well beyond the value they get from their current systems of record such as SAP and Oracle.
Position & Role Description
Medical Data Abstraction (Across Levels) | Experience: 0-4 Years | Location: Bangalore
The Data Abstractor navigates electronic medical record systems and other medical databases, reviews medical records, and abstracts medical record data related to specified disease and project requirements.
- Access electronic data systems for review of medical records and enter specific data into congruent electronic data systems.
- Review project specific documents, as needed, to develop familiarity with project goals and with the Abstractor tasks in each project.
- Use other resources as needed to gain the knowledge required to perform Abstractor work on new projects.
- Share medical knowledge and project-specific procedural knowledge with other Data Abstractors as needed.
- Contribute to/Update the Abstractor meeting agenda for periodic meetings, as needed.
- Respond promptly to queries issued by the Lead Data Abstractor, Operations Manager or other project personnel.
- Ability understand the Inclusion, Exclusion criteria, adverse event, hospitalization data, medications details and categorise the data accordingly.
- Ability to understand the diagnostic, pathology and other reports and obtain the required exact information.
- Conduct additional duties as assigned, including review of selected medical records to assess eligibility for new projects.
Education, Training & Experience
- B.Sc (Nursing), BDS, BAMS, BHMS only
- Medical knowledge is mandatory (Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Dental, etc.)
- Oncology experience is preferable; familiarity with how cancer is treated from diagnosis through treatment and recovery and an understanding of cancer terminology.
- Experience in entering the data or review of data in other therapeutic areas like, cardiovascular, immunology, Metabolic diseases are also considered.
- Experience in reading of Medical records or reports or any patient treatment related data is desirable.
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and time management skills mandatory.
- Flexibility in coping with changing work assignments, changing project requirements, varying training meeting schedules, and database resources that may not always function optimally.
- Computer skills are required, as 90% of work activity involves working with a computer. Comfort with technology, and willingness to learn new software programs is highly desirable.
- Ability to make independent judgments in abstracting medical data and the knowledge of when to seek input from other staff.