The recently heightened awareness of racial discrimination coupled with COVID-19’s disproportionate toll on disadvantaged communities has spurred the need for change.. Yet the lack of equity and representation of minority groups in clinical research has been an open concern for decades.
Attendees will learn how to optimize patient diversity and inclusivity of clinical trials, and build an understanding of the following:
- Obstacles that restrict patient diversity in clinical trials
- How to harness societal awareness to overcome historically entrenched healthcare injustice
- How clinical researchers can strike the correct balance of scientific and ethical imperatives to ensure equitable access and outcomes in clinical research
- Examples of how sponsors, patients and investigators have overcome historical biases in clinical trials
- If and how innovative policy mandates and reforms can contribute to achieving equitable access and participation in clinical research