ConcertAI is the leading provider of precision oncology solutions for biopharma and healthcare, leveraging the largest collection of research-grade Real-world Data and the only broadly deployed oncology-specific AI solutions. Our mission is to improve translational sciences; accelerate therapeutic clinical development; and provide new capabilities for post-approval studies to accelerate needed new medical innovations to patients and to improve patient outcomes.
ConcertAI has emerged as one of the highest growth technology companies in Real-world Data and AI, backed by industry leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and Alliance|Bernstein.
The Lead Data Abstractor navigates electronic medical record systems and other medical
databases, reviews medical records, and abstracts medical record data related to specified
disease and project requirements. The Lead Data Abstractor engages in administrative and
supervisory activity related to the Data Abstractor work as assigned. The Lead Data Abstractor
works under the direction of the Data product lead, CoE, Clinical Patient Insights and works
closely with the CPI Trainer, CPI QC Reviewer.
The Lead Data Abstractor is formally responsible for supervision, ongoing training, and
evaluation of Data Abstractors involved in centralized chart review, data abstraction, and other
related tasks. In conjunction with the Data product lead, CoE, Clinical Patient Insights, the Lead
Data Abstractor coordinates assignments considering project needs and Abstractor availability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain a professional approach respecting the dignity and confidentiality of
employees, managers, and vendors.
• Access electronic data systems for review of medical records and enter specific
data into congruent electronic data system.
• Review project specific documents as needed to develop familiarity with project
goals and with the Lead Abstractor role in each project.
• Use other resources as needed to gain the knowledge required to perform Lead
Abstractor work on new projects.
• Share medical knowledge and project-specific procedural knowledge with other
Lead/ Data Abstractors as needed.
• Coordinate with the Abstractor Trainers to train or supervise the training and
retraining of Abstractors.
• Interact internally with the other Abstractors, Lead Abstractors, Data product lead, CoE,
Clinical Patient Insights and other staff regarding ongoing and planned projects.
• Respond promptly to queries issued by the Data product lead, CoE, Clinical Patient
Insights or other project personnel.
©2020 ConcertAI Confidential and Proprietary
• Schedule and attend staff meetings as scheduled. Participates in training sessions for
each assigned project. Meets with the Data product lead, CoE, Clinical Patient Insights
and other staff as needed for adjustment of work assignments.
• Helping smooth transition of new hires from training to production.
• To provide mentorship or identify and assign Mentors to new hires moving into
• Interact internally with Data product lead, CoE, Clinical Patient Insights, QC team and
Clinical Curation lead regarding the abstractor performance and provide timely feedback
to concern abstractor
• To manage the work assigned to their team members daily
• To manage Open Air time approvals of the team members
• To manage leave approvals, claim approvals of the team members
• To manage Probation confirmation/extension with HR for the new hires
• To manage the exit process for the team members with HR
• To assist Data product lead, CoE, Clinical Patient Insights with the Productivity and
Utilization tracking for the team members
• Handling the conflicts in the team
• Perform all other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
• MDS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, MPharm, BPharm, PharmD, MSc or BSc Nursing or equivalent
training and clinical experience
• Management or supervisory experience is mandatory.
• Oncology experience is highly desirable; familiarity with how cancer is treated from
diagnosis through treatment and recovery and an understanding of cancer terminology.
• Experience with medical records, data abstraction, chart audit, or coding is required.
• Data entry/computer experience and strong typing skills required.
• Must meet training/experience requirements of the Abstractor position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Must have excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form.
• Must have excellent critical thinking, supervisory, organizational, and time management
• Flexibility in coping with changing work assignments, changing project requirements,
varying training meeting schedules, and database resources that may not always
• Computer skills are required, as 90% of work activity involves working with a computer.
Comfort with technology, and willingness to learn new software programs is highly
©2020 ConcertAI Confidential and Proprietary
• The ability to make independent judgments in abstracting medical data and the
knowledge of when to seek input from other staff.
• Problem solving and feedback Skills
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or crouch, hand/wrist use, talk,
see, and hear for extended periods of time.
Learn More About ConcertAI
ConcertAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence are used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture, by building a collaborative, engaged, patient-focused, team approach to our mission. Our high-performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset. Learn more about ConcertAI at www.concertai.com , or follow us on LinkedIn.