Position & Role Description
Medical Data Abstraction (Across Levels) | Experience: 0-4 Years | Location: Bangalore (Whitefield)
The Data Abstractor navigates electronic medical record systems and other medical databases, reviews medical records, and abstracts medical record data related to specified disease and project requirements.
- Access electronic data systems for review of medical records and enter specific data into congruent electronic data systems.
- Review project specific documents, as needed, to develop familiarity with project goals and with the Abstractor tasks in each project.
- Use other resources as needed to gain the knowledge required to perform Abstractor work on new projects.
- Share medical knowledge and project-specific procedural knowledge with other Data Abstractors as needed.
- Contribute to/Update the Abstractor meeting agenda for periodic meetings, as needed.
- Respond promptly to queries issued by the Lead Data Abstractor, Operations Manager or other project personnel.
- Ability understand the Inclusion, Exclusion criteria, adverse event, hospitalization data, medications details and categories the data accordingly.
- Ability to understand the diagnostic, pathology and other reports and obtain the required exact information.
- Conduct additional duties as assigned, including review of selected medical records to assess eligibility for new projects.
Experience & Education, Training :
- Experience: 0 to 4 Years
- BDS, MDS ( Oral Pathology, Oral Medicine, Public Health Dentistry only ), BAMS, BHMS, B. Sc (Nursing), M. Sc (Nursing), BPT, MPT only.
- Medical knowledge is mandatory (Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Dental, etc.)
- Oncology experience is preferable; familiarity with how cancer is treated from diagnosis through treatment & recovery & an understanding of cancer terminology.
- Experience in entering the data or review of data in other therapeutic areas like, cardiovascular, immunology, Metabolic diseases are also considered.
- Experience in reading of Medical records or reports or any patient treatment related data is desirable.
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational and time management skills mandatory.
- Flexibility in coping with changing work assignments, changing project requirements, varying training meeting schedules, and database resources that may not ways function optimally.
- Computer skills are required, as 90% of work activity involves working with a computer. Comfort with technology, and willingness to learn new software programs is highly desirable.
- Ability to make independent judgments in abstracting medical data and the knowledge of when to seek input from other staff.