ConcertAI (CAI) is the leading provider of precision oncology solutions for biopharma and healthcare, leveraging the largest collection of research-grade Real-world Data and the only broadly deployed oncology-specific AI solutions. Our mission is to improve translational sciences; accelerate therapeutic clinical development; and provide new capabilities for post-approval studies to accelerate needed new medical innovations to patients and to improve patient outcomes.
CAI has emerged as one of the highest growth technology companies in Real-world Data and AI, backed by industry leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and AllianceBernstein.
ConcertAI is looking for Translational Data Scientist/ Senior Translational Data Scientist with a passion for using artificial intelligence and machine learning on RWD to help drive a new generation of AI and machine learning enabled services and products to help improve oncology patient outcomes. You will enjoy working with a highly talented and diverse team of Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists specializing in deep and machine learning, physics, biophysics, genomics, and statistics, and will have the opportunity to work with one of the richest data sets available to assist with clinical and translational research.
Problem solving ability is key! You should have a diverse range of skills focusing on data analysis, modeling, statistics, coding, and ML and the experience in applying these skills for solving biological/biomedical problems. You will be responsible for data exploration, analysis, and the interpretation of modeling results to help solve a vast array of translational oncology problems using ConcertAI’s RWD and other data sources. You will collaborate with clients, clinical operations team, data scientists, products and software engineers.
- Work with clients and internal data science team on translational oncology problems for both solid and liquid tumors to help improve patient outcomes by utilizing ConcertAI’s RW clinicogenomic and imaging data and technologies.
- Leverage ConcertAI RWD and also identify additional data sources, when applicable, to identify drivers of response and resistance to current standard of care drugs (immune checkpoint inhibitors, PARP inhibitors etc.), toxicities or adverse events from these oncology drugs, responders and non-responders, and to identify target patient populations for investigational drugs.
- Execute from start-to-finish the workflows needed to generate actionable insights from RWD, i.e., data exploration, ML/AI modeling and analysis, development of novel methods to tackle challenges as needed, and interpretation of results.
- Present the results in a simple yet interpretable manner to the clients with diverse background.
- Participate in study design and writing statistical analysis plans and study report.
- Collaborate with internal ML engineers to provide analytical guidance using subject matter expertise
- Access and communicate with internal stakeholders as needed to support client aims and data questions, including Data Science, Data Products, Data Curation and other relevant areas.
- MS/PhD in STEM field, preferably in computational biology/bioinformatics/biophysics/data science, or any other quantitative fields.
- 3+ years’ experience in life sciences and in applying mathematical modeling, computer simulations, advanced analytics, and data science techniques on high-dimensional biological or healthcare data/systems for solving problems related to oncology.
- Proficient in programming in one high level language (Python, R).
- Good understanding of biostatistical and statistical concepts and probability theory.
- Experience with basic modeling (regression, classification, survival analysis etc.) and familiarity with advanced machine learning approaches (random forest, XGBoost etc.).
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly present the complex scientific insights to diverse (less technical) audience (clients).
- Comfortable in working in a fast-paced and changing high growth environment.
- 2+ years’ experience in applying advanced machine learning (random forest, XGBoost etc.) and/ or deep learning and/or causal inference on oncology related problems.
- 2+ years’ experience in analyzing molecular and omics data e.g., WGS/WES (genomics) data and RNASeq (transcriptomics).
- 3+ years’ experience in working with oncology RWD towards addressing the unmet needs in oncology.
- 3+ years’ experience in client-facing role in biopharma industry.
- Strong project management and technical leadership skills with an enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary and client-facing environment.
Learn More About ConcertAI
ConcertAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence is used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture, by building a collaborative, engaged, patient focused, team approach to our mission. Our high-performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset. Learn more about ConcertAI at www.concertai.com , or follow us on LinkedIn.