Vice President, Engineering
ConcertAI is the leading provider of precision oncology solutions for biopharma and healthcare, leveraging the largest collection of research-grade Real-world Data and the only broadly deployed oncology-specific AI solutions. Our mission is to improve translational sciences; accelerate therapeutic clinical development; and provide new capabilities for post-approval studies to accelerate needed new medical innovations to patients and to improve patient outcomes.
ConcertAI has emerged as one of the highest growth technology companies in Real-world Data and AI, backed by industry leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and Alliance|Bernstein.
Summary of the Role
This is a senior leadership role accountable for the end-to-end design and development of our data architecture, data modeling, data pipelines and data quality program. You have the opportunity to continue building and leading our high performing, expert global team.
Reporting to the SVP of RWD Solutions and Operations, you will work closely across the organization to understand business priorities and ensure deliverables are aligned to the prioritized roadmap.
We are looking for an individual with deep experience developing scalable data ecosystems, engaged and hands-on with their teams, well versed in data management technologies and can drive mission-critical programs.
- Lead a global data engineering team to develop reliable data pipelines to ingest, consume, integrate, and analyze large amounts of data from various sources including EHRs, Claims and Molecular test data
- Design and maintain highly scalable data models and data management processes that are in compliance with industry standards like FHIR, OMOP and CDISC
- Integrate and maintain a healthcare vocabulary and ontology management system including data mastering and versioning of associated processes
- Lead a QC team to develop an advanced data QC framework to detect missingness, trend deviation, non-conformance of input data to established benchmarks, etc.
- Provide guidance on system architecture, code quality and structure, testing, and rationalization of technical debt
- Design data standardization, normalization, anomaly detection and cleansing framework, derived variable generation using known best practices to manage Real World clinical and claims data
- Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines and facilitate HIPAA compliance
- Determine and manage appropriate level of SDLC processes and artifacts
- Work with and mentor various team members as we scale the engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar degree (Masters degree preferred)
- 8+ years of related work experience at a comparable leadership level
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures
- Strong organizational leadership skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Experience in healthcare and electronic health records
- Extensive experience working with stakeholders/leadership to create hiring strategies to develop engineering team
- Strong ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and build solid relationships across the team-- from individual contributors to CEO
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-oriented platforms
- Strong experience with cloud infrastructure
- Understanding and experience in enabling data science/artificial intelligence in healthcare use cases
- Knowledge about industry trends, best practices and change management
Learn More About ConcertAI
ConcertAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence is used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture, by building a collaborative, engaged, patient focused, team approach to our mission. Our high-performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset. Learn more about ConcertAI at www.concertai.com, or follow us on LinkedIn.