ConcertAI’s mission is to accelerate insights, advance research, and improve patient outcomes in oncology and across life sciences. ConcertAI’s leading real-world evidence, AI technology and software-as-a-service solutions support healthcare decision-making across clinical research & development through commercialization. Top biopharma sponsors, clinical research organizations, healthcare providers and institutions rely on ConcertAI’s evidence-generation and digital transformation capabilities to advance precision medicine and medical innovation.
ConcertAI has emerged as one of the fastest growing AI health tech companies backed by industry-leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI Group, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and AllianceBernstein PCI.
ConcertAI is a fast-growing healthcare research organization, leading the market in oncology healthcare data analytics. Our dynamic, fun, and highly experienced team is looking for an Associate Director to join us. As an Associate Director in the Real World Evidence Solutions (RWES) business unit, you will be responsible for scientific oversight of studies conducted using ConcertAI’s industry-leading and cutting-edge healthcare data resources. Our team operates in a cross-functional environment with representatives from other functions such as our Biostats, Data Curation, Data Products, and Data Science business units.
As an Associate Director in the RWES business unit, you will provide scientific leadership for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) and external control arm (ECA) clinical studies. Your responsibilities will involve scoping, budgeting, and executing research projects dedicated to improving our understanding of the patient journey and treatment outcomes in the oncology space, as well as making meaningful impacts on patients' lives. This is a client-facing role where you will interact with client study leads as you design, propose, and implement these projects. Associate Directors will indirectly or directly supervise a team of other scientific staff such as Research Scientists or Senior Research Scientists. The Associate Director will contribute to, and support, corporate goals to progress the company’s portfolio of products.
- Executes exploratory feasibility assessments and develops scopes of work to meet clients’ needs, including project budgets and timelines.
- Drafts and reviews study proposals for appropriateness of research design, sample size, and planned analysis.
- Supports assigned client accounts as the research point of contact for strategic ideation and engagement, as well as the first option for addressing client requests and identifying supporting resources.
- Provides scientific leadership as the principal investigator and directs the methodological approach for data curators, programmers, consultants, and statisticians.
- Reviews study analyses and assesses validity of statistical output, as well as creates, reviews, and revises study deliverables for accuracy, consistency, thoroughness, and quality of scientific presentation.
- Leads the development of abstracts, posters, and manuscripts to disseminate study findings at scientific congresses and within peer-reviewed journals.
- Interacts internally and externally with ConcertAI staff and clients regarding existing, planned, or potential research.
- Follows company policy and procedures regarding quality control, data security, and the ethical conduct of research involving human subjects, as well as the provisions of the HIPAA security and privacy rules.
- Participates in other projects as assigned including scientific support roles and contributing to internal initiatives.
- Doctoral degree and minimum two years related research experience, or Master’s degree and four years related research experience with an area of study in Economics, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Public Policy, Health Policy, Public Health or related field.
- Experience with the scientific research process, as well as an understanding of data management and statistical analysis relevant to the role.
- Knowledge of one or more relevant research methodologies such as health economics, epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field.
- Contributed to the planning, analysis, and execution of healthcare research projects using big healthcare data, such as claims or electronic medical records, or patient-reported outcomes.
- Ability to collaborate on multiple projects and deadlines, establish priorities for work activity, and solve practical problems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to clearly and convincingly present information to a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Aptitude for understanding and applying best practices from documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and correspondence.
- Familiarity with basic productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Web Conferencing Applications).
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, results-driven, and flexible to work in a scaling environment.
Particular consideration will be given to applicants with the following qualifications
- Research history within the oncology space related to one or more specific solid tumor types, or to hematological malignancies.
- Working knowledge of external control arms or other use cases of real-world evidence to support regulatory decision-making.
- Understanding of FDA regulatory requirements, ICH guidelines, and GCP.
- Familiarity with statistical programming languages such as SAS, STATA, R, or SPSS.
- Experience managing client relationships during the business development and execution phases of a project lifecycle.
- Prior supervisory roles with responsibilities hiring, training, and mentoring staff.
- Publication track record.
Learn More About ConcertAI
Our team at ConcertAI is dedicated to transforming healthcare decision-making through the application of RWE and AI to improve patient outcomes. We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-performing culture where diversity, collaboration, and innovation are valued. Join us on our quest to create a world free of disease. Learn more about ConcertAI at www.concertai.com , or follow us on LinkedIn.
ConcertAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.