ConcertAI is the leading provider of precision oncology solutions for biopharma and healthcare, leveraging the largest collection of research-grade Real-world Data and the only broadly deployed oncology-specific AI solutions. Our mission is to improve translational sciences; accelerate therapeutic clinical development; and provide new capabilities for post-approval studies to accelerate needed medical innovations to patients and to improve patient outcomes.
ConcertAI has emerged as one of the highest-growth technology companies in Real-world Data and AI, backed by industry-leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and Alliance|Bernstein.
ConcertAI is a fast-growing healthcare research organization, leading the market in oncology healthcare data analytics. Our dynamic, fun, and highly experienced team is looking for an Associate Director to join us. As an Associate Director in the Outcomes Science and Services (OSS) business unit, you will be responsible for scientific oversight of studies conducted using ConcertAI’s industry-leading and cutting-edge healthcare data resources. Our team operates in a cross-functional environment with representatives from other functions such as our Biostats, Data Curation, Data Products, and Data Science business units.
As an Associate Director on our team, you will be reporting to a Director or Senior Director in the OSS business unit and will provide scientific leadership for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) and external control arm (ECA) clinical studies. Your responsibilities will involve scoping, budgeting, and executing research projects dedicated to improving our understanding of the patient journey and treatment outcomes in the oncology space, as well as making meaningful impacts on patients' lives. This is a client-facing role where you will interact with client study leads as you design, propose, and implement these projects. Associate Directors will indirectly or directly supervise a team of other scientific staff such as Research Scientists or Senior Research Scientists. The Associate Director will contribute to, and support, corporate goals to progress the company’s portfolio of products.
- Executes exploratory feasibility assessments and develops scopes of work to meet clients’ needs, including project budgets and timelines.
- Drafts and reviews study proposals for appropriateness of research design, sample size, and planned analysis.
- Supports assigned client accounts as the research point of contact for strategic ideation and engagement, as well as the first option for addressing client requests and identifying supporting resources.
- Under the supervision of the Director or Senior Director, provides scientific leadership as the principal investigator and directs the methodological approach for data curators, programmers, consultants, and statisticians.
- Reviews study analyses and assesses validity of statistical output, as well as creates, reviews, and revises study deliverables for accuracy, consistency, thoroughness, and quality of scientific presentation.
- Leads the development of abstracts, posters, and manuscripts to disseminate study findings at scientific congresses and within peer-reviewed journals.
- Interacts internally and externally with ConcertAI staff and clients regarding existing, planned, or potential research.
- Follows company policy and procedures regarding quality control, data security, and the ethical conduct of research involving human subjects, as well as the provisions of the HIPAA security and privacy rules.
- Participates in other projects as assigned including scientific support roles and contributing to internal initiatives.
- Doctoral degree and minimum two years related research experience, or Master’s degree and four years related research experience with an area of study in Economics, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, Public Policy, Health Policy, Public Health or related field.
- Experience with the scientific research process, as well as an understanding of data management and statistical analysis relevant to the role.
- Knowledge of one or more relevant research methodologies such as health economics, epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field.
- Contributed to the planning, analysis, and execution of healthcare research projects using big healthcare data, such as claims or electronic medical records, or patient-reported outcomes.
- Ability to collaborate on multiple projects and deadlines, establish priorities for work activity, and solve practical problems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to clearly and convincingly present information to a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Aptitude for understanding and applying best practices from documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and correspondence.
- Familiarity with basic productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Web Conferencing Applications)
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated, results-driven, and flexible to work in a scaling environment.
Particular consideration will be given to applicants with the following qualifications
- Research history within the oncology space related to one or more specific solid tumor types, or to hematological malignancies.
- Working knowledge of external control arms or other use cases of real-world evidence to support regulatory decision-making.
- Understanding of FDA regulatory requirements, ICH guidelines, and GCP.
- Familiarity with statistical programming languages such as SAS, STATA, R, or SPSS.
- Experience managing client relationships during the business development and execution phases of a project lifecycle.
- Prior supervisory roles with responsibilities hiring, training, and mentoring staff.
- Publication track record.
Learn More About ConcertAI
ConcertAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence are used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture, by building a collaborative, engaged, patient-focused, team approach to our mission. Our high-performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset. Learn more about ConcertAI at www.concertai.com, or follow us on LinkedIn.