ConcertAI is the leading provider of precision oncology solutions for biopharma and healthcare, leveraging the largest collection of research-grade Real-world Data and the only broadly deployed oncology-specific AI solutions. Our mission is to improve translational sciences; accelerate therapeutic clinical development; and provide new capabilities for post-approval studies to accelerate needed new medical innovations to patients and to improve patient outcomes.
ConcertAI has emerged as one of the highest growth technology companies in Real-world Data and AI, backed by industry leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and Alliance|Bernstein.
Concerto HealthAI is a fast-growing healthcare research organization, leading the market in oncology healthcare data analytics. We are assembling a talented team to join us on our mission to transform how clinical insights are generated and to accelerate therapeutic innovations to patients. Our dynamic, fun and highly-experienced team is looking for a Senior Director to join our Outcomes Science and Services team as a leader based in the United States location.
As a Senior Director in the Outcomes Science and Services group, you will provide scientific leadership for health economic and outcomes research (HEOR) or external control arm (ECA) clinical studies leveraging Concerto’s datasets. Senior Directors are responsible for the successful implementation of research projects and are expected to manage teams and directly supervise other scientists who perform the research. When more complex analyses are being implemented, Senior Directors frequently directly engage directly with clients to deliver the scientific work on research studies. You will have the opportunity to collaborate across a broad portfolio of sophisticated oncology-focused clinical research projects as a member and leader of various project teams. Senior Directors’ work is performed with the support of the Chief Scientific Officer or his/her designee.
Senior Directors are responsible for direct conduct of studies to ensure their high-quality and timely completion. As your team grows and supervisory responsibility increases, direct responsibility for HEOR and ECA studies will decrease. As a lead scientist in ConcertAI’s OSS team, you will act as a liaison between local biostatistical and project curation management staff and scientific team members, and be a key member the leadership team of Concerto’s OSS team. You will provide regular feedback to the Vice President, Scientific Operations on metrics related to financial and operational performance for the US based OSS team.
- Understands Oncology Data and Analytics.
Has awareness and experience with research related one or more specific tumor types.
Familiarity with a variety of analytic methods and the research process (idea à protocol à SAP à Report).
Develops, and assists in the development of study proposals for HEOR, ECA and other studies, including project budget and timeline. Reviews study proposals for accuracy, appropriateness of research design, sample size, and planned analysis.
Provides project leadership, including assigning duties to junior project management, programmers, consultants, curation managers and nurses, and statisticians.
Tracks study progress to ensure high-quality, timely completion of project milestones and financial performance of projects.
Reviews and revises study protocols for accuracy, consistency, thoroughness, and quality of scientific presentation.
Works with colleagues to resolve issues related to competing priorities among research staff.
Assists in hiring, training, and mentoring staff, and conducts personnel evaluations of direct reports in accordance with standard ConcertAI processes.
Contributes to development of internal methods, policies and procedures to improve quality or efficiency of research at ConcertAI, and develops documentation for these.
- Communicates effectively with ConcertAI staff and clients regarding proposed research, project plans, project details, deadlines, finances and priorities.
- Leads effective meetings with customers regarding study progress, interim findings, and development of deliverables.
- Develops, assists or supervises development of abstracts, posters, final reports, and manuscripts.
- Assists in the career development of ConcertAI staff.
- Participates or leads strategic internal projects at the direction of more senior OSS staff.
Learn More About ConcertAI
- Doctoral degree and minimum seven years related research experience, or Master’s degree and ten years related research experience.
- Must have extensive experience with the scientific research process, and understanding of data management, statistical analysis, health economics and health outcomes.
- Knowledge of clinical trials research is helpful but not required. Knowledge of oncology research is highly preferred.
- Must have familiarity with basic office productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word) and one or more statistical or programming languages such as R, SAS or similar tools.
- Experience with the Scientific Research Process, and associated methodologies related to Health Economics and/or Outcomes Research in relation to Oncology.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to speak and present information clearly and convincingly to groups of customers, suppliers, or employees of the company.
- Ability to apply principles of scientific research to the development and review of documents proposing and reporting the results of clinical research.
- Ability to supervise others, manage multiple projects and deadlines, establish priorities for work activity, and solve practical problems.
- Highly detail-oriented.
ConcertAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence is used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture by building a collaborative, engaged, patient focused, team approach to our mission. Our high-performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset. Learn more about ConcertAI at www.concertai.com
or on LinkedIn