ConcertAI is the leading provider of precision oncology solutions for biopharma and healthcare, leveraging the largest collection of research-grade Real-world Data and the only broadly deployed oncology-specific AI solutions. Our mission is to improve translational sciences; accelerate therapeutic clinical development; and provide new capabilities for post-approval studies to accelerate needed new medical innovations to patients and to improve patient outcomes.
ConcertAI has emerged as one of the highest growth technology companies in Real-world Data and AI, backed by industry leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and Alliance|Bernstein.
ConcertAI is looking for a talented Associate Director, Scientific. This role reports to the Senior Director of Outcome Sciences and Services. This role is remote. ConcertAI is a fast growing healthcare research organization, leading the market in oncology healthcare data analytics. Our dynamic, fun and highly experienced team is looking for an Associate Director to join us. As an Associate Director in the Outcomes Science and Services group, you’ll be responsible for scientific oversight of studies conducted using ConcertAI's industry leading and cutting edge healthcare data resources.
As an Associate Director on our team, you will lead studies under the supervision of a Senior Director in the group, and be responsible for planning, budgeting, timelines, and financial oversight of projects dedicated to improving our understanding of patients’ cancer outcomes and answering other oncology-related research questions. As an Associate Director you’ll interact with clients as you design, propose, and implement these projects. Our team works in a cross-functional environment with representatives from other functions such as our Data Products and Artificial Intelligence groups. The Associate Director will contribute to, and support, corporate goals to progress the company’s portfolio of products.
- This position involves responsibility to supervise the activity of other support staff such as Research Analysts or Senior Research Analysts, or others who provide project management, data collection, medical writing or biostatistical services on studies managed by the Associate Director.
- Develops and assists in the development of study proposals, including project budget and timeline.
- Drafts and Reviews study proposals for appropriateness of research design, sample size, and planned analysis.
- Reviews and revises study protocols for accuracy, consistency, thoroughness, and quality of scientific presentation.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Director, Outcomes Science and Services, provides project leadership, including defining work to be assigned to project managers, programmers, consultants, and statisticians. Tracks study progress to ensure timely completion of project milestones.
- Defines exploratory statistical analysis consistent with study aims.
- Reviews analyses for adherence to planned statistical procedures. Reviews and revises written presentation of study findings.
- Discusses key study-related decisions with supervisory staff.
- Interacts internally with the Senior Director, Outcomes Science and Services and other scientific and executive staff regarding ongoing and planned research.
- Interacts externally with customers and industry representatives regarding existing, planned, or potential research.
- Communicates effectively with management and customers regarding overall project plans, project details, deadlines and priorities.
- Conducts telephone and face to face meetings with customers regarding study progress, interim findings, and development of deliverables.
- Develops drafts of abstracts, posters, final reports, and manuscripts, and assists in the development of these.
- Follows company policy and procedures regarding quality control, data security, and the ethical conduct of research involving human subjects.
- Abides by the provisions of the HIPAA security and privacy rules.
- Attends staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participates in other projects as assigned.
- Doctoral degree and two years related research experience, or Master’s degree and five years related research experience, or equivalent training and experience.
- Doctoral level understanding of scientific research processes, with concomitant understanding of data management and statistical analysis relevant to the role.
- Knowledge of health economics, epidemiology, psychometrics, and a deeper knowledge of biostatistical methods may be helpful. Must have familiarity with basic office productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word).
- Familiarity with statistical programming languages such as SAS, STATA, R, or SPSS.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Ability to speak and present information in small groups of customers, suppliers, or employees of the company.
- Ability to apply principles of scientific research to the development and review of documents proposing and reporting the results of outcome science studies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, establish priorities for work activity, and solve practical problems.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, correspondence.
Learn More About ConcertAI
ConcertAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence is used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture, by building a collaborative, engaged, patient focused, team approach to our mission. Our high-performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset. Learn more about ConcertAI at www.concertai.com or on LinkedIn .