Director, Project Management
ConcertAI is the leading provider of precision oncology solutions for biopharma and healthcare, leveraging the largest collection of research-grade Real-world Data and the only broadly deployed oncology-specific AI solutions. Our mission is to improve translational sciences; accelerate therapeutic clinical development; and provide new capabilities for post-approval studies to accelerate needed medical innovations to patients and to improve patient outcomes.
ConcertAI has emerged as one of the highest growth technology companies in Real-world Data and AI, backed by industry-leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and Alliance|Bernstein.
ConcertAI is a fast-growing healthcare research organization, leading the market in oncology healthcare data analytics. Our dynamic, fun, and highly experienced team is looking for a Director to join us. As a Director in the Project Management department of the Outcomes Science and Services (OSS) business unit, you will manage the overall operational components of studies conducted using ConcertAI’s industry-leading and cutting-edge healthcare data resources. Our team operates in a cross-functional environment with representatives from other functions such as our Biostats, Data Curation, Data Products, and Data Science business units.
As a Director on our team, you will be reporting to the VP of Operations in the OSS business unit and will have the opportunity to collaborate across a broad portfolio of sophisticated clinical research projects as a member of various project teams. Your responsibilities will involve managing the health of your assigned projects and mitigating any risks related to the delivery of research dedicated to improving our understanding of the patient journey and treatment outcomes in the oncology space, as well as making meaningful impacts on patients' lives. This is a client-facing role where you will interact with client study leads as you coordinate the delivery of status updates, interim results, and final deliverables. Directors will also take ownership of operational enhancements for the Project Management department, as well as directly supervise a team of Research Project Managers and support their development within their current roles. The Director will contribute to, and support, corporate goals to progress the company’s portfolio of products.
- Develop a strategic roadmap for Project Management process improvements in collaboration with the VP of Operations, as well as oversee their implementation to increase the team’s overall quality and efficiency.
- Establish guidance documentation and monitor their application to ensure that the organization is adhering to operational standards, achieving desired financial performance, and meeting overarching business goals.
- Execute monthly financial reporting for the OSS book of business including revenue recognition, invoicing, and forecasting.
- Produce KPI reports, dashboards, and summaries for the business leadership team.
- Manage a team of Research Project Managers and provide guidance, training, and mentorship to support their development.
- Serve as the internal and external point of contact for operational activities on studies by developing agendas, leading team meetings, synthesizing meeting minutes, and coordinating action items.
- Create project plans in collaboration with study stakeholders that include study tasks, timelines, project team assignments, and deliverable responsibilities.
- Set and manage timeline, budget, and quality expectations as the lead on calls with team members, department owners, senior leadership, and clients.
- Proactively identify risks to budgets, timelines, and deliverable quality, as well as generate effective resolutions; escalate issues to senior leadership as needed.
- Track study progress within a project management system and provide status updates for operational and financial planning.
- Lead and motivate project teams to ensure project performance is meeting high-quality standards and is within scope, budget, and timelines.
- Document scope changes, seek approvals for amendments, and update project plans accordingly.
- Proofread scientific protocols, reports, and presentations to ensure content is consistent with best practices and meets standards for delivery.
- Assist with resource planning in collaboration with senior leadership to maximize productivity.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to support proposal development, contracting, study execution, and invoicing.
- Participate in other projects as assigned including contributing to internal initiatives.
- BA/BS in a scientific field and minimum of ten years of professional project management or related experience in a research setting.
- Experience with scientific research processes, as well as an understanding of statistical output and interpreting scientific results.
- Knowledge of one or more relevant research methodologies such as health economics, epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field.
- Expertise in development and oversight of project budgets, as well as managing client interactions.
- Proficient with project economics such as revenue recognition, forecasting, realization, and margins, as well as data driven decision making to influence core project metrics.
- Expertise with project management tools, as well as experience translating use cases, contributing to system design, and testing configurations.
- Proven application of project management methodologies in a real-world setting.
- Prior supervisory roles with responsibilities hiring, training, and mentoring staff.
- Self-starter and motivated to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Proactive and resourceful with an emphasis on generating practical solutions to issues that improve overall efficiency.
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively across the organization and with clients.
- Proficient with basic productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Web Conferencing Applications).
- Ability to carry out duties on multiple projects, manage competing deadlines, and establish priorities for work activity.
Particular consideration will be given to applicants with the following qualifications
- Understanding of data management and/or prior collaborations on projects using healthcare data, such as claims or electronic medical records, or patient-reported outcomes.
- Experience within the oncology space related to one or more specific solid tumor types, or to hematological malignancies.
Learn More About ConcertAI
ConcertAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence are used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture, by building a collaborative, engaged, patient-focused, team approach to our mission. Our high-performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset. Learn more about ConcertAI at www.concertai.com, or follow us on LinkedIn.